Workstation Rental or Workstation Buy
Everything You Need To Know About Workstation rental, Workstation Brands, And Workstation Sale.
Workstation rental is a welcome option for users who want to explore. It gives an opportunity to experience first hand how things work at the ground level. A chance to check if you have the right server for your work or pleasure. So avail this choice to try hands on various available servers before you zero down to the one.
Rentals score high in many areas such as less burden on your pocket. You are secured against financial loss in case it does not work out. No worry about service as personnel is available for help.
What is Workstation?
A Workstation is single user computer designed with leading graphics capability. It is equipped with huge storage and a powerful microprocessor to deliver high-performance. PC can be called all in one pcs which is not true in case of tower workstations.
2in1 laptops are a PC that has features of both tablets and laptops. Let’s have a look at the branded workstations, supported software to make it easier for you to decide to select the one to meet your requirement.
Looking for Workstation rental or Sale?
Difference between Workstation and PC
Compared to the Personal computer and mid-range computer, Workstation is more capable than PC or business laptops but less than a mid-range computer. The question arises how are Workstation and Personal Computer different from each other.
How to come to a conclusion about which one is the best? Have a look at the table below for the differences between the two.
Professionals who are on the move find mobile workstations convenient for their work.
- Workstation microprocessors have RISC that is reduced instruction set computing + The number of instructions permanently stored is more as RISC streamlines and increases the data processing + Microprocessors have 32 bit addressing + Microprocessors can be up to 64-bit processors which can process 4 billion times of a data processing + High processing power can run 3-dimensional graphics and multi-tasking software + The workstation has ECC RAM, Multiple Processor Cores, RAID, SSD and optimized GPU to handle a huge amount of data and for graphics + The workstation is high priced. It starts with $1500 and can go up to $3000 + It needs to have high power for CAD/Animation, data analysis, video and audio creation and editing. + Workstations are more durable as they are built to withstand huge data for long hours + Intel Xeon is preferred to handle loads of data. Xeons are good at Multithread Processing.
Personal Computer (PC)Hardware Differences
- PC microprocessors have CISC that is complex instruction set computing + The number of instructions permanently stored is very less + Not very complex + It is 16 bit addressing + The microprocessor can be up to the 32-bit processor + Is not out of the box suitable for 3-dimensional graphics and multi-tasking software + The above is not required in PC as they are designed to handle small data + The business solutions PC’s can be got at $500 and a high end one at $1000 + The tasks such as email, web surfing and word processing do not need high power. + It is not designed to take heavy loads and ideal for smart office solutions + Intel i7 is sufficient for business or home office needs. It comes with onboard graphics.
Workstation Vs. Thin Clients
A workstation is a typical computer with its operating system, and software residing on its hard drive. It works independently, or they can be attached to the server.
A thin client does not have hard drive or software. It has a basic operating system and has to connect to the server to perform operations. They do not work independently.
The supported softwares are:
- Dassault Systems SolidWorks: The Dassault Systems SolidWorks 3D software tools help CAD professionals to simulate publish and manage their data.
- Autodesk Inventor: The Inventor professional 3D CAD software consists of easy to use tools. You can design, document and do product simulation. These tools help in the prototyping of products, validating them before the products go into
- Autodesk AutoCAD: The Autodesk AutoCAD consists of specially designed toolsets suitable for industrial purposes. It offers good mobility and convenient to mobile and web apps.
- Dassault Systemes CATIA: Multi-form software CATIA for CAD, CAM, and It has provision to remodel existing 3D designs and create and update product designs and deliverables.
- Siemens NX: Leading edge technology NX’s CAD software solution increases the momentum of design. The software helps in improving the quality and productivity as well as reduces the cost.
- PTC Creo: Creo is a group of apps developed by PTC which supports product design for manufacturers. Creo has a unique set of capabilities for a user role in product development cycle.
The Workstations are extensively used to perform following functions
Professional applications & Professional GPUs
Workstations have modified themselves to suit different professional needs. They have adapted themselves to specialized configurations, accelerating the simulation workflows; multi-threaded rendering and the list go on. The workstation’s aspects in its best use are listed
- 3D Studio Max
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- ARNOLD SolidAngle
- AUTOCAD Autodesk
- CATIA Dassault Systemes
- CINEMA 4D MAXON
- DEEP LEARNING
- DIVINCI RESOLVE
- INVENTOR Autodesk
- IRAY SERVER
- OCTANE RENDER
- SOLID EDGE
- Engine clock speed
- core count
- onboard VRAM
- memory bandwidth
- memory clock
Unparalleled multi-threaded rendering
- Apache web server is a good example. Every time a request arrives a thread gets assigned from the thread pool. Anything that handles incoming requests from clients is where multithreading works.
- Mobile games like Angry birds use multithreaded process
Content creation workflows
A set of tasks set on a priority basis of number to accomplish the main event is a workflow. A set of tasks listed until the completion of the project. It lists out the content requirement, sources taken into consideration, Assigning of tasks, reviews, approvals and the final delivery.
In few words, it can be summed as chunking a big task to smaller tasks and assign responsibility to qualified personnel.
Creation of workflows allows you to track the ongoing work with set deadlines.
The prominent workstation brands today are HP, Dell, and Lenovo. Let’s try to know what exactly makes each of these brands unique and what is the difference amongst them also the popular workstation models of each brand.
Now coming to the question of which is the best amongst three? But the word ‘BEST’ here is a relative term which varies with your need. The answer to the question will help you to conclude. To make it much easier let us have a look at the differences regarding cost, use, and durability of each brand.
- The Dell laptops are cheaper and start from as less as $300 and can go up to $2000. The Dell cost is less as specialized vendors at their business store sell laptops.
- They have a standard look but available in all colors so that it can appeal to younger as well as the older generation
- It has a huge range of variety to choose. At regular intervals, they have promotional offers for desktop deals, pc deals, laptop deals, monitor deals, and accessory deals. The offers will include free memory upgrade or low price memory upgrade also.
- Dell is little large compared to other two brands, and they are sturdy enough to withstand the fall
- Dell excels in areas of customer service and warranty
In few words, you can term Dell as durable, reliable and flexible.
- The HP laptops cost more than Dell and Lenovo
- HP has a sleek look with a sophisticated finish and available only in limited colors
- HP has lot more features compared to Dell; it is suitable as entertainment-centric laptops
- Compared to Dell, HP has limited range to offer
The HP is for sophisticated looks and unique features
- The Lenovo laptop ranges from $200 to $1200
- The Lenovo scores hands down when it comes to its looks and light in weight
- They are reliable, but customer service is not fast
Lenovo scores are high on its looks, light weight, reliability, and features. It is also among the best graphics workstations computer.
Has it now become easier to decide amongst the brand?
So let’s have a look at the top models of Dell, HP, and Lenovo.
- The Dell T7910 has dual Intel and Xeon processors with dual socket option. It is well equipped to run demanding applications which include enormous computation, simulation, rendering, and analysis. With Intel® Xeon®E5-2600 v4 processor series heavy computation workloads seem like a cakewalk for users.
- With latest NVIDIA Quadro and AMD FirePro with 675W of power proves more graphics memory to run huge data sets. The option to expand the system memory to 1TB4 with latest 2400MHz DDR4 ECC technology is a big plus point.
- The Dell T7910 has an integrated 12 GB/s RAID Controller, with twice the I/O speed compared to earlier workstations. There is the choice of selection between the actively cooled Dell Precision Ultra-Speed Drive Duo and Quad PCleNVMe SSD storage which can speed up the storage of content by four times compared to SATA (Serial ATA) SSD storage.
- The Dell T7910 supports following the operating Windows 10 (32 & 64 bit) BIOS, Red Hat Linux 7.0, Ubuntu (12.04, 14.04) to name just a few.
- It has dual high-performance Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 options with up to 24 cores
- It can handle huge data with ease due to 512 GB of 1866 MHz ECC memory. A 16 DIMM slot give the option for easy upgrades
- The graphics option NVIDIA, Quadro and AMD FirePro is apt for 3D graphics. It can support multiple graphics cards up to 3 of them. It can consist of one or two NVIDIA Tesla GPU compute cards for speed acceleration for engineering and scientific applications
- Dell T7610 is expandable with accessibility in front space. Intel CAS-W storage option accelerates the performance compared to SSD storage solution at low cost
- Tool-less access and clutter free workstation has well-organized interior
- Intel® vPro technology enables ‘Update once and update everywhere’ option for remote BIOS management and hard drive wipe
- The reliable memory technology (RMT) enables the workstation can handle maximum data load. With ECC memory for detection and isolation of memory, there is a reduction of memory errors.
- ISV certification is an assurance for the buyers for the performance and reliability of the Workstation
- Equipped with Intel® Xeon® processor E5-1600 v2 product family, you can be assured to complete the hard tasks at ease
- With 128GB4 of quad channel 1866MHz ECC or 1600MHz non-ECC memory via eight total DIMM slots Dell T3610 can handle huge datasets
- You have a choice of GPU amongst AMD FirePro or NVIDIA Quadro graphics
- The option is provided in the form of 3PCle slots to prepare for next-generation graphics
- Micron® P320h PCIe SSD drive is optional. If used it delivers superb read throughput, along with exceptional reliability and remarkable power efficiency
- It is smaller in size. So you can save the space
- Have an option to avail professional performance with an expandable It has 7 I/O slots and six storage bays.
- There is a reduction in the energy consumption increasing With 22nm processors consisting of Intel Xeon processor E3-1200v2 along with 3rd generation Intel core processors
- Graphics cards NVIDIA, AMD and Intel ensure for excellent graphics display
- The workstation is accessible without any tools
- A single processor, highest performance ideal as a personal workstation
- It offers a choice of Intel® Xeon® E5-1600 and E5-2600 series processors along with base clock frequencies of up to 3.6GHz and the new Intel® C602 chipset. It supports up to 8 cores of processing power it never slows down.
- There is no compromise in graphics as it incorporates AMD and NVIDIA professional graphics cards
- With Thunderbolt technology, data moves faster than before
- High-performance is the norm due to storage up to 15 TB
- Impressive in both interior and exterior design
- Multi-tasking feels like a cakewalk
Can experience powerful visuals with PCI Gen 3 graphics from AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards
- The ThinkStation D20 is synonymous with high-performance. With two Intel® Xeon processors, you are no doubt about its performance because of its turbo capabilities
- RAM of 12 GB along with 2GB Nvidia and Quadro 4000 graphics card ThinkStation D20 is capable of accomplishing any task
- The expansion is a great advantage in ThinkStation D20. It is ideal for engineering/scientific/ movie making professionals
- The ThinkStation D30 has multiple processors. That is two 8-core Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 processors. Right now in the workstation market ThinkStation, D30 is considered to be the most powerful workstation
- The option to expand RAM from 16GB to 512GB. It is flexible for reconfiguration for increased performance
- The ThinkStation D30 supports graphics technologies from NVIDIA, Tesla, and Quadro. It can accommodate up to 2 NVIDIA Quadro 6000 adapters to enhance the clarity of the display
So here is the difference between the brands and top models of each brand. Compare product listed above to suit your requirement. So call Rental-India to help you procure for workstation rental or purchase.
At Rental-India, you have a choice to experiment with different brands before concluding. You can rent for short durations and check in real time how it can be utilized to meet your expectations. So take this opportunity to try and then choose the right one either for rent or purchase.
Rental-India, one of the best workstation rental has all the mentioned above, workstations and servers at your disposal in Indian metros. We do sell server accessories too. We cater to individuals, enterprises and also startups that have the local government for backing.
You can hire workstations for rent in Bangalore or from workstation rentals in Chennai. As we have our outlets in Mumbai and Pune, you can hire workstation on rent in Mumbai or Pune too.
What are you waiting for, pick the phone and call 8754542653/8971423090 for further details. That’s not all. In case you have purchased the workstation, go ahead and complete product registration.
The registration includes the details of purchase date, Quadro Serial number, Workstation number, GE serial number and receipt details. The product registration will complete details of the workstation facilitating the vendor to address the query easily and fastly.
Email us to get a quote or support.
Feel free to give us a call anytime.
8754542653 / 8971423090
We’re standing by to answer your questions.
Follow us throughout the web and stay updated with the latest news.